Wednesday 22 May 2013

May 16-17, 2013

The TV show "Smash" has definitely been getting to me...And I don't remember much about the dream, so I'm strictly going off the notes here, which was basically an entire paragraph.

There were multiple parts, but the only part I remember is that there was a Marilyn Monroe workshop, some kind of tribute day for her. The people that organized it thought of different activities to represent her. For example, one of the, the only one I participated in (or remember that I participated in) was an activity where we had to take fabric and make a signature Marilyn look with the help of an already made design on a laminated paper. We were only given a short amount of time, which I didn't know about until the very end of the time. We also had to show off our designs in front a panel of judges. Before we even got to our work stations, the organizers put liquid glue onto our almost naked bodies, so the outfit would stick. (Yeah, I don't know.) The problem with this glue was that it would dry long before we finished making the clothes. I knew what I wanted to make, I chose my stencil and everything, but as I mentioned before, I didn't have enough time. What I ended up doing was taking a trench coat, cut it shorter with scissors, and walked up to the judges, acting like Marilyn. I did a bang-up job, if I do say so myself, giving one of the male judges a kiss on the cheek, which was very Marilyn, and running shyly away. In the dream, I was saying to myself that my inspiration was her transformation from Norma Jean into Marilyn, not quite Norma Jean but not quite the sex symbol Marilyn became.

That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment